Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ultimate Fantasy Football Draft, Pick #2

The results are in for the first pick in the Ultimate Fantasy Football Draft! Not surprisingly, there were only two real competitors, and, considering my reader base, the winner should be even less of a surprise.

Adrian Peterson -- no, not the Chicago one -- goes with the #1 pick, beating LaDainian Tomlinson 7 votes to 4. Brian Westbrook got the last vote. All are good picks, though if it were up to me, I just don't know if I could bring myself to take Peterson with the top pick. He has great potential to run for 1,500 yards (or more) in 2008, but his injury history is a concern. When I have the #1 pick in a draft, I want a sure thing, and, in my mind, that's LT. I know he's getting a little long in the tooth for a running back, but it's hard to argue with someone whose worst non-rookie season is 1,776 yards from scrimmage and 15 TDs.

Or maybe it's because I got AP in the 6th round of my draft last year and anything higher than me seems to be overpayment. Gee, you think he'll go higher this time?

In any case, thanks to everyone for voting! The voting for #2 (which might a foregone conclusion, but hey) begins now and runs until 5:00 PM on Wednesday.

No comments: